Monday 14 November 2011

Drew's Poems

I Am Righteousness

I am Righteousness
I am the shining quality
The Maker and the Breaker
I once gaveth to the good men
And tooketh from the bad
The Pure, the Clean, are the ones that I rewarded
Gave them power in order for them to cleanse all evil
I am Righteousness
And I am lost

I am Righteousness
I am Power
The Holy, the Pure,
The Kings, the Queens
Princes and Lords
Thanes and Dukes
If they did not exercise goodness
If they did not practice honour
Then I broke them, of their will and sanity
And took all they had
I am Righteousness
And I am forgotten

Forgotten, by the men I once upheld
Became desecrated, disgraced, and dashed aside
Until only in the shadows I lived
Barely seen, barely heard, barely able to speak
Where once I held the power of God
Against all evil deeds,
Now they have grown, and I have weakened
And am but a grasshopper amongst giants
I am Righteousness
And I am buried

Buried, beneath the cruelty of men
Buried beneath the sins of the world
Beneath the criminals
These serpents, slithering through,
The skyscrapers of cities, and the backstreets of towns
The kidnappers, the rapists, and the thieves
The silver-tongues of the murderers
Their lies have brought me to an end
Bent others against my will
I am Righteousness
And I am broken

I am Righteousness
And I am broken
By the common man
I have become neglected
Forgotten, abused
I am but a body, dashed upon the rocks
By the relentless waves of greed and spite
Their evil faces mocking me
To join Hope I shall go,
Back to the Box of Pandora herself
There I will wait, for ages and ages
While the sands of time float through the days
Until one day, a child, so innocent
Within a world of flames and unspeakable horrors
Discovers me, amongst the butterflies
Of the last peaceful meadow
And it will begin anew
With the Tree and the Apple
But until that day comes
I am Righteousness
And I am lost.

The Rise and Fall of Pride

Its such a quiet thing to fall
But far more terrible is to admit it
Pride resides within us all
And for some it’s an addiction they cannot quit

Infecting the rich
Oppressing the poor
Lighting a fire like pitch
Worse off than before

Many men have the disease
Many women as well
So forget not I beg you please
That Pride created those who fell

Is pride yet not a sin?
A piece of the deadly seven?
So why is it that the holy ones
Are the only ones in heaven?

Don’t we all deserve a chance?
An opportunity to redeem?
These men who preach against the pride
Are the most proud of us it seems

Yet without pride, where are we today?
Would nations be so strong?
Wars are built upon our pride,
Yet so are the countries in which we belong

So how can we scorn it so?
Scorch its name with all our hate
When pride is the foundation
For that which we create

Without it there is no courage
To stand up to those against us
But if they were without such pride
Would they have first oppressed us?

So make your choice!
And Make haste with it as well
This “demon” pride within your chest
With good or evil does it swell?

Sorry

I repent
I Apologize
I remorse
I reproach
I
Am sorry
They say a picture is worth a thousand words
But is a word worth a thousand emotions?
Is it worth the pain?
Worth the anger?
Is it worth hearing the sacred word,
Even if it requires sorrow first,
To get the feeling deep down
Of being cared for and loved
That so many yearn for?
Worth the tears? Some may not know.
Some may not have tears
But does it still have meaning?
Is it still worth a thousand emotions?
Many people say it shows weakness
But does it?
Maybe when used in the wrong context
But at the right time, it shows intelligence
And courage, and purity
To be remorseful and accepting of your wrongdoing
But what does it really mean?
Many people misinterpret
Much like the word love
It carries much less weight
Then it did once
In the time of our parents
Grandparents
Ancestors
And so forth.
Do people really mean the words “I’m sorry”?
Too many use it to appease others
But do they really take it to the full meaning,
Of acceptance and remorse
For the catalyst of their problems?
Next time you use those words
I repent
I apologize
I remorse
I’m sorry
Think first
Are you really?
Or are you just saying that?
I repent, I remorse
Me?
I’m sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment