Saturday 12 November 2011

Macbeth Soliloquy

If I become the king it will mean nothing if I can't hold the position. Banquo scares me. There is something royal about him that just makes me afraid. He doesn't fear risks, and he is very clever. He knows when to be brave and when to be safe. No one scares me as much as he does. My guardian angel is scared, just as Mark Antony's of Caesar. Banquo asked the witches of his future after they told me mine. They told him he would be the father of a line of kings. But they told me I was going to be king. Since I have no heirs, I will have to give up my throne when I die. I have done something very foolish by killing Duncan, who has an heir, and giving the throne to Banquo's son. I've only hurt myself by murdering Duncan. Instead of letting this happen, I will face this challenge head on, and kill Banquo and his son before they can kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment